Right after my earlier post on Giorgio Armani's top 10 Rules of Style. This time, is Tom Ford turn to open up his top 10 Rules of Style in December DETAILS magazine.
Let find out what Tom Ford got to say in his TOP 10 Rules of Styles.
1. I don’t believe in playing around much with suit cuts. I like a fairly classic shape that gives a man strong shoulders, a fitted waist, and long legs. Classic simplicity always works. (WOW! this is what I always believe in too!)
2. Someone who is secure enough to be very present when relating to another person is sexy. In other words, a good listener always lands who he wants. (Yeah! guys got to remember this golden rule.)
3. When mixing patterns, don’t think about it too much—just throw it together. (Believe me! instinct always works)
4. I hate the trend of short suit jackets. When a man’s butt is showing below the bottom of his jacket, I think it makes him look like a female flight attendant from the back—not my idea of sexy. (This is funny! Lucky me! :) I don't remember I have any short suit jackets! Opps...How about you?)
5. With jewelry, I actually like bracelets more than anything else, but they have to be small and simple. Cary Grant always wore a simple gold bracelet with his watch, and I think that was very chic. (How about rings? I do like those too! :))
6. If you’re careful not to overuse Botox, then yes, why shouldn’t you use it? A little bit of it between the brows can make you look less stern and more approachable. Who needs to frown, anyway? (This is absolutely right...)
7. Just like girls need to learn to be comfortable in heels before they go out in them for the first time, a man should try wearing a suit throughout a normal day. I do most things in a suit—and sometimes even in a tuxedo—and so I’m really comfortable in one. (Alright, I have passed this test few years back! How about you? )
8. When it comes to grooming, keep earwax out of the ears and keep stray hairs and flakes of skin in check and you should be good to go. In the morning, I put ice cubes on my eyes and use lots of Visine. (Oh! Good suggestion on ice cubes, Em...Can this be at night?)
9. Time and silence are the most luxurious things today. (More so with Time and silence together....)
10. There’s one indulgence every man should try in his lifetime: If you’re straight, sleep with a man at least once, and if you’re gay, don’t go through life without sleeping with a woman. Either way, you might be surprised at how natural it will feel if you can get past the mind-fuck of stereotypes. In the end, it’s just another person that you are relating to in a physical way. (This is No No for me!! :P )
Technorati Tags: Man Fashion, 10 Rules of Style, Fashion Designer