Are you looking for brand new dress shirt to fill up your wardrobe? Being for your formal office attire or smart casual outing. You got to know what are the basic rules. Firstly, you need to know is your size, we wouldn't be surprise that most of you are not sure about your size. Yes. Most of men dress shirt sizes have two numbers: neck size, and sleeve length.
Choose the comfortable and well-fitting one, so make sure you've measured yourself to get an exact fit.
So let us go through these 7 simple tips to consider while buying a dress shirt:
1. Consider which style you want: Athletic, also called slim fitted, regular or full. Regular is a little looser than the athletic fit and full is the loosest of all dress shirts fits. All these have different fitting and should be chosen as per person's own stature and physique.
2. Stripes, Solids or Prints: If you are confused with so many options available in the color of mens shirt, go with a color or pattern that is trendy. Before you start buying every color of dress shirt available, it is better to take idea from others around you to distinguish what would be suitable. Try to avoid brightly color shirts if everyone is donning for white, blue or black dress shirts.
3. Material: Beside cotton or polyester, you may want to consider wrinkle free fabrics. Being wrinkle free definitely does not mean that these shirts do not get wrinkles at all. It just means that you can achieve the fresh and up to date look for a longer period.
4. Collars Straight-point: The most familiar and trendy style is the V-shaped points of a straight-point collar and they look great on any wearer.
5. Button-down: Not as much formal as other dressing shirt collars, the button-down collar is usually tailored of a softer fabric and pressed with less starch.
6. Cuffs Barrel: There are barrel cuffs, also known as a button cuff, as they close with at least one button, and possibly more than one. If there are several buttons, these can be used to adjust the fit. Other is French or double cuffs that have fabric that is long and folds back. These are closed with a cufflink or silk knot. Many people prefer French cuffs as they are more formal than a barrel cuff. And other is convertible that can be closed with buttons or cufflinks.
7. Pockets Placement: Check out where pockets are placed. If you are looking for more formal shirts, then do not consider mens shirts with two chest pockets. A single chest pocket gives more formal look and the most common for official wear.